Junk yards in Phoenix and the scrap recycling industry is quite sophisticated in many positive ways. This is an industry that does great things. This includes saving on the environment. This industry is responsible for the following:
- The processing of sales of metals
- Global trade
- Raising the awareness of the importance of recycling in the economy
- The promotion of public awareness
- Advocacy and compliance
- Transformation of tons of materials
This is just a sample of the many great things that this sophisticated industry does for the environment. This is an industry that may be viewed as the backbone of a civilized nation. The reuse of metal can be estimated at approximately 120 tons of recyclables in the average year.
The Conserving of Natural Resources
The recycling of scrap metal will help to preserve natural resources. This is protection for our environment. These rich resources can be reused. This leads to the conservation. Scrap metal can be recycled into new raw materials. This may be viewed as a continuous resource that is precious and vital. Scrap metal isn’t considered to be waste. This is a resource that will not become depleted. This continuous resource has the ability to be reshaped and melted into new products. This may be done many times over. The recycling of scrap metal will only enhance and conserve natural resources.
Understanding the Types of Scrap Metal
There are actually two separate groups of metal. There is non-ferrous materials and there is ferrous materials. The ferrous metals are those that contain iron. The non-ferrous items do not contain iron. The examples of these two types of metal are:
- Ferrous metal; this is metals that will include carbon steel, mild steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and wrought iron. You may find ferrous metals in industrial containers, automobiles, rails, and housing construction. These metals do have magnetic properties. They are very practical for the creation of big motors and electrical appliances. These metals do make up a large portion of the recycled items globally. In the year 2008, there was over a billion tons of steel produced. It should be known that out of that billion ton of steel, there was at least 500 million of it that was made from scrap items and materials.
- Non-ferrous metals; this type of metal will be lighter. These metals do not contain iron. These have a larger resistance to corrosion and rust. This type of metal includes, brass, copper, tin, zinc, and nickel. This metal is resistant to corrosion and rust. These materials will be found in road signs, water pipes, gutters, and roofing. Aluminum is actually one of the most recycled materials in the entire world.